Pages

Monday, September 27, 2021

Mental Health Awareness Week

This week is Mental Health Awareness week. This week it is all about taking care of our health. Mental health is an illness and can be debilitating for lots of people. Some times we can't control or explain our thoughts, feelings or emotions. Some ways we can help our mental health is by going outside, taking a walk, talk with a friend, to take time to yourself, playing outside with our brother and sisters, going to sleep early and doing a little bit of fitness. Today is Rātu or Tuesday.
Our task for today was 'Get outside in nature with someone / E puta ki te taiao'.
Here is my activity

RĀTU | TUESDAY

Get outside in nature with someone / E puta ki te taiao

 It’s often the little things that bring us joy. The singing birds, the grass beneath our feet, the wind on our faces. Kōrero doesn’t have to happen indoors. Today we encourage you to get outside in nature with someone else. Take a moment to chat about the things that support your wellbeing and appreciate the beauty around you. You might be surprised by what you notice!

I can see the fresh green taros underneath this long huge green net, the blue bright sky, the huge trees near my house, the white big air conditioning unit, the long hard fence, the wide clear windows, and the long hard battle ropes.

I can feel the hard feeling of the wooden fence, I can feel the cold air going down my spine, I can feel the hard ground and the soft grass, I can feel the porch, my feet pressing down on the hard porch.

I can smell the nice fresh air, I can smell how fresh my dad’s taros and the fresh grass because it has been mowed recently.


No comments:

Post a Comment