Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Easttle Recount Writing Term 1

Friday 12th March Whanau and Family time

Introduction/Planning

Who - My cousins, aunties, uncles, brothers, mum and I.

What - Prayed then eat, Went to the beach, Saying our last goodbyes, playing charades.

Where - Mission Bay.

When - Sunday, February 8th

Why - Because my cousin was going away to Otago.



On Sunday the 8th of February, my cousins, aunties, uncles, brothers, mum and I all drove to The Mission Bay Beach because my cousin was flying over to Otago. When we drove to the beach my cousins were already there except for some, then came my other cousins. We all sat on a big fala/mat. My uncle stood up and said a few words then he told us to close our eyes and he prayed. After he prayed the children stood up and picked up a plate and put food on our plates. We were all sitting on the mat eating our food. We weren't thinking so we threw our food to the Seagulls and lots of them came. I was a bit frightened.


After I was eating I went with my baby niece and was playing on the sand. My cousins and I all decided to go to the beach area because we were at the grass. We were sitting on a big long rock. When I sat on it, it was very hard. We first were playing charades. My brother liked to play charades, but we all decided to go up one by one and say something to my cousins (Hola). Everyone went up and said something to Hola except for some they were a bit shy. We all huddled up in one space and took a group photo. It was very emotional for her because she was going far away from her family and also her favourite person, her twin (Lupe).


Later on my older cousin told us to come back clean up because we were in Lockdown. We were happy about that because we still wanted to stay until it was dark. But we had to go because we were in Lockdown. We tried to drink every bottle so we could put it into the bin. The adults who were at the bench were talking to Ashley Tonga. She was really funny! We all packed up all our stuff and put the rubbish in the rubbish. I went with my four older cousins, who were girls, and my brother went with my other cousin, who was a boy. The reason why we went with my cousins was because my mum and auntie were already gone because it was too cold for them.


Finally we reached my cousin’s house. We all went to the rooms.  But then we came back out. We all drank drinks except for me because I wasn’t really thirsty. They went outside to see the sunset. I didn’t because I was too cold, but I could already see the sunset out of the window. My mum decided it was time for us to go home so we all hopped in the car and drove off.


No comments:

Post a Comment